Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Ride of your LIFE: Part 1


Wow!  All I can say is WOW!  (To borrow a phrase from “Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse” by Kevin Henkes.)

Mark and I just returned from an amazing life-changing weekend-long LIFE Leadership Conference.  My cup has been filled like going down a twisty-turny slippery slide at a water park and then careening into the pool below, being fully submerged and totally energized from the experience, wanting to do it again and again.  And wanting to bring as many friends along for the ride as possible!

Why would I want to share this experience with you, my friend?!

Well, here’s Part 1 of what I got from the weekend:

1.  If you’re not getting the results you want in life, stop taking your own advice.  Chris Brady says, “You don’t know what you don’t know.  And we forget much of what we used to know.  And some of what you know, just isn’t so!”  Albert Einstein said, “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” So if we want different results in any area of our life, we need to seek out someone else who has results in that area and apply their thinking.

2.  Are you giving your Personal Best?  Terri Brady shared a story from Former President Jimmy Carter’s autobiography “Why Not the Best?” Admiral Hyman Rickover asked Carter how he stood in his class at the Naval Academy, and, most importantly, if he did his best? Remembering who he was talking to, Carter said, “No, sir.”  After a long time Admiral Rickover replied, “Why not?”

Wow!  All I can say is WOW!

I asked myself that question.  I thought of my Heavenly Father asking me that question.  Sadly, I would have the same answer...“No, sir.”  I resolved to start giving my personal best.

Next time I’ll talk about a chilling story of The Black Door.

No comments:

Post a Comment